“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles.”
“To conquer a nation, first disarm its citizens.”
Publisher’s Note: I had been on a tear to complete ProfCJ’s Dangerous History Podcast (stopped temporarily at #160) and got sidetracked by a recommendation to listen to Dan Carlin’s Hardcore History six-part series on World War [Part] One in six very long episodes. It is worth the slog to get through it. I have found it very compelling. His episodes can run three hours but it makes a commute to work useful. Highly recommended.
My keynote speech at Porcfest in 2012 still resonates.
Less than 650 shopping days until the next empty suit and its Deep State handlers slithers into the Offal Office. -BB
As a weapons owner in America, you are a negro living in the politically violent Democrat-dominated south at the turn of the twentieth century and that is quickly metastasizing into a variant of the Jew [Slav, homosexual, gypsy, on and on] in National Socialist Germany or a Ukrainian farmer in the 1930s USSR. You are being targeted for wishing to peacefully practice the most fundamental right in human volition, armed self defense.
The red flag laws are now allowing the badged Orcs to seize your weapons before you have committed a crime. Miss McConnell is gleefully crafting a national law that will do just that in the Grand Old Politburo dominated US Senate (an ambulatory wax museum for reanimated communists). They are, like the drug prohibition regime, a quick compromise of any existing rights one may have to be safe in your person and property from the depradations of the state.
Thank the Gods that wood-chippers, carpentry tools (hammers and clubs have killed more people than rifles per annum according to the Uniform Crime Report, 467 people were killed with “blunt objects (hammers, clubs, etc.),” while 403 were killed were rifles in 2017. Vehicles haven’t been used in mass killings with frequency in the US …yet. Of course, it would be fascinating to hear the indignant urinalists berating the penchant for hammer violence or woodchipper violence or car violence but that clunky phraseology is limited to the awkward notion of “gun violence”; does that mean that a rash of hangings by suicide is rope violence?
As a matter of fact, almost ten times as many children die in buckets every year than rifles deaths across the board for all age groups.
Much like the imperial conditioning for unlimited searches brought to you by the living dead in the TSA and the multi-billion dollar “drunk driving” pre-crime scam across the fetid plain. The list of malum prohibitum crimes in which the only victim is the state are legion and may be ninety percent of all laws on the Federal register.
Billll’s Idle Mind ran a very interesting excerpt from a weapons rights newsletter in Colorado. The violence brokers there occupying the august halls of the CO State House (what a delicious turn of phrase, of course it is) have again passed a rather Orwellian pre-crime treasure trove posing as law and justice.
Books have killed many more millions of people than guns have in the history of mankind especially in the last six generations since the Marxian software virus has liberated the communist dark passenger to build corpse piles to the stars. What if one were to substitute the term book or car or hairbrush or hammer in the legislation instead of gun? A man gets a divorce and has all his power tools or lawn implements seized so he doesn’t potentially harm someone. Most thinking humans (a minority in America, I know) would think that absurd and silly.
There is one reason the government supremacists always go after weapons in private hands and it has nothing to do with private weapons violence. Power. You will note there are no impassioned clarion calls to disarm the largest existential murderer of all time, government.
So here is the excerpt, my comments are not italicized:
1) Your status as a gun-owner/concealed-carrier needs to be a secret. Most relatives, co-workers, neighbors, even friends don’t need to know. Don’t talk about specific guns you may own, particularly military rifles. Maintain a low profile. Find other things to talk about!
The first rule of gun club is don’t talk about gun club. I have to constantly remind myself of this little gem.
2) Guns you own need to be adequately secured, and always out of sight. Ammunition boxes, loose rounds of ammunition, gun magazines and other literature, holsters, rifle magazines, accessories, etc need also to be kept continuously out of sight. Casual visitors to your home, office, car should never see any of that!
You should start spreading the wealth to different locations.
3) Get rid of gun-company/ammunition-company/pro-gun organization decals, patches, logo clothing, hats, bumper-stickers.
I have a Grateful Dead sticker and a ‘Stan Alumnus sticker on the back of my car.
4) Watch your language and general demeanor, in public and in private! Don’t do, nor say, things that are likely to be interpreted as threats. Don’t make threatening comments, even when directed at a third party who is not present.
The Gentleman’s Code is to talk smack to a man’s face in private and sing his praises behind his back. If one follows this notion, you will rarely get caught in the handbag fights that erupt from serial gossipers and other women of both sexes.
5) Don’t become involved in family, nor neighborhood, spats, particularly those involving marriage issues, child custody, etc. Be very good at minding you own business!
Slaves take great comfort in rationalizing their shackles and a lifetime of obedience rarely liberates the caged mind. Jonathan Swift: “It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into.”
6) Don’t invite people you don’t know into your home, including police officers (unless they have a warrant). With your door remaining closed and locked, you can talk with unknown/uninvited visitors through a microphone.
Don’t ever talk to the police nor their fellators.
7) Keep the subject of guns and gun issues out of casual conversation. Talk about guns only with people you know well.
See the first rule of gun club […and I ain’t perfect by any stretch but getting better and better all the time). I will often discuss engineering, history and jazz and that winnows people out as they roll their eyes and wander away.
8) Gun-organization literature, flyers, etc need to be shredded immediately after you finish reading them. Tear off address-labels on gun magazines and shred them too. You don’t want your residence address associated/connected with guns, nor gun-organizations.
I shred anything with my name on it and all gun related ephemera goes in the same bin.
9) When carrying concealed, assure guns, magazine-carriers, etc remain discretely out of sight. Open-carry, even where technically “legal,” is a really bad idea (except perhaps in extremely remote places)!
Like Herschel at The Captain’s Journal, I am big fan of OC so I am conflicted on this.
10) Don’t make enemies! Be a polite, civil, pleasant, courteous person. Don’t inject yourself into other people’s business.
Always, always be a gentleman. We live in an infantilized society that incentivizes the stripping of masculinity from every enterprise in society. Simply don’t comply in a polite manner.
Teach your children well and prepare for the coming Endarkenment.