News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Ukraine

Started by KatDay1980, March 03, 2022, 02:19:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KatDay1980

Hello, everyone!
Hopefully unlike on ships, women are welcome here. Thank you in advance:).
This is Kat, Bo's girl.
As some of you may know, current situation with Ukraine-Russia hits pretty close to home literally. Poor Bo has to listen to my endless questions and concerns, answers to which not many know.
He encouraged me to post my questions here.
I appreciate opinions of those who are definitely more knowledgeable than me in the warfare and tactics.
I wanted to know, in your opinion, how the conflict will end? Does Ukraine stand any chance to win it and if so, what needs to happen for it to win this war? I don't know if "win" is an appropriate term to use here, honestly. With all the devastation, destruction and trauma victory doesn't seem to be he right word even if it the conflict ends in Ukraine's favor.
Thank you for your time and input!

Bill

Russia may win a conventional battle for the eastern part of Ukraine but will lose the inevitable counterinsurgency that will oil-spot over time from west to east.

With enough overt and clandestine western aid flowing in to the country, the west could turn the tide and defeat Russia [in Ukraine, I would suggest a war in Russia would destroy the west.

I have no real feel or idea what is going on there because the media cannot be trusted and the Russians are also master disinformation, misdirection and black propaganda.
Gun control is mind control.

"Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back."?

[attributed to]Heraclitus

KatDay1980

Thank you for your reply.
Media is definitely a powerful tool to distort reality. I read media from both sides and of course the presented information is completely different. I don't know who is right, who is wrong, maybe the truth is somewhere in between, but I do know that war is never the answer. I talk to my friends and family in Ukraine on a daily basis. I hear their stories and what they go through. It is real, it is war, it is not a "special operation". Violence is not the way.
Thanks again for the opportunity to ask questions.