Author Topic: Open Thread  (Read 775 times)

aConsensualist

• Huskarl
Re: Open Thread
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2020, 03:32:33 AM »
>>>Law had its origin in property.

Natch many will aver that property had its origin in law.  Indeed, probably more these days.

Sometimes it's great to be a Simpleton...just don't care.

J

• Aesir
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2020, 09:25:31 PM »
A couple ideas I'm playing with in my mind:

As the world is saturated with statists of various stripes, perhaps an additional strategy would be to take the mechanisms that cause gridlocked stalemate and apply them to the electorate.

From my observations, the default position of most people is: "Go Fuck Yourself." This is in combination with a culture of willingness to help and build something, but when it comes to the proverbial "good idea fairy" (which is the enforcement of an idea against will rather than the voluntary teasing out and participation in one) the default position is well established.

Perhaps when votes are counted for any issue in any of the fictitious organizations that claim ownership over their neighbors, any vote uncast is a vote for: "Go Fuck Yourself" or maybe it can be worded as "No, Thank you" (which ever is more palatable).

In addition, if a "law" is so important that it must be had, it perhaps should have to be re-argued every single year and must acquire all the votes needed to implement it versus the default GFY vote. This would ensure that it remains valid. All "laws" that cannot meet this criteria will be repealed during the re-arguing period.

Just a random screed.

J

• Aesir
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2020, 11:33:07 PM »
Oh, I just came up another way to approach the idea:

The entire burden (such as the vigilance, patience, and resources to prevent the usurpation of will and conscience from people) must be shifted to the parasitic class. Why would one need to spend their entire life preventing infringement on life when that should be the default. A representative of the machine of state, or a politician, or a backer, must have the entire burden shifted to them for their entire life. We have been doing this backwards.

If you want a war, you have to justify it every single year or it ends. If you want someone else's money by force, you have to justify it every single year. You want someone to not make a tool to defend themselves, justify it. You want someone not to eat or drink something, justify it. The burden should not be on the victim.

Outside malum in se, which has thousands of years or acceptance (like extinguishing the life of another soul is generally unacceptable and abhorrent outside of preventing one's own life or a loved one from being extinguished, if one is willing to accept the consequences), there are no prohibitions, thefts, or infringements which I can think of that could not benefit from being treated in this manner.

aConsensualist

• Huskarl
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2020, 07:01:42 AM »
The philosophy interests me.  If you wanna wait with whatever you're going to do, until there is acceptance on the part of others, then you figure to be waiting so long that there's no chance of seeing it.  That's my guess anyway.  Of course I don't mind if you do it, and I'm not talking directly about you anyway.  I don't know who you are or what you do; just trying to hit the principles that tend across the range.

There's also the question of what about those who refuse to see the ultimate rationality in someone else's grand plans for them.  Seems to happen.

J

• Aesir
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2020, 08:53:49 AM »
>>>The philosophy interests me.  If you wanna wait with whatever you're going to do, until there is acceptance on the part of others, then you figure to be waiting so long that there's no chance of seeing it.

What I'm going to do, or have done?

I participated, at some stage, in influencing quite a few things already. What I'm doing now is putting things on a website to be read by others later for their consideration, as well as develop my own interpretation of things that are happening now with others that are writing here. I have some intentions to further develop a few projects I'm sitting on as soon as they are no longer considered illegal, or competing with well established institutions (I have a feeling I'll die before that happens). Those projects are in the areas of banking, money, distributed network enterprise, and energy. The other thing is getting an orchard going on my property.

If I should wait until there is acceptance, knowing there will be none in my lifetime, then the project is a multi-generational one. Human liberation has occurred over thousands of years with ups and downs. Each happened in their own time on their own terms. They are co-creation projects anyway. If it is done right, it happens in a natural manner, not in such a way that thrusts humanity into an environment it is not ready for.

>>>There's also the question of what about those who refuse to see the ultimate rationality in someone else's grand plans for them.  Seems to happen.

That is where I am at now. I do not understand the rationality of why people allow or disallow what I do or want to do now if it does not affect them.

aConsensualist

• Huskarl
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2020, 03:37:20 PM »
>>>I do not understand the rationality of why people allow or disallow what I do or want to do now if it does not affect them.

Check, and it can be damn puzzling.  I was just trying to help and offer the benefit of my long experience.  Waiting for others to accept the ultimate rationality of what you write, can be a fool's errand.  Not always, just often.  And even then, you gotta have that ultimate rationality first!

Still, you make a grand point here---if it doesn't affect 'em, ain't none of their business.  Of course that also applies to the schemes of anyone else, including us.  That touches my point...if they're not going to accept it and they're not going to do it, then it kinda amounts to a waste.