Author Topic: As always... welcome to the free internet  (Read 175 times)

J

• Huskarl
As always... welcome to the free internet
« on: September 28, 2019, 01:37:21 PM »
Something that used to be written on quite a few websites; seems we're forgetting our internet heritage lately.

Want to take on youtube? Have any of (you) considered getting a high-res raster of the country, keeping a distributed polygon register, setting up private servers and using them to host video, ads, markets, name routing, comms, video game servers, "over-the-top" program gui's ... I mean sky's the limit on taking ownership/stewardship of (our) society.

Speaking of which, anyone remember the cyber declaration of '96? I signed it back then, can't find a snap-shot of it though.

I'm going to try to find my old PGP keys, there are quite a few "Easter Eggs" out there still. Good luck, and welcome to the free and open internet.

- Jeremiah

« Last Edit: September 28, 2019, 02:08:12 PM by J »

Anarchon

• Muad'Dib
  • Administrator
  • Radningar
Re: As always... welcome to the free internet
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2019, 02:43:56 AM »
The internet used to be great.  It sucks now in comparison.  Big govt controls everything.  The stuff you're talking bout doing will only make you a target.  It won't change until Big gov crushes itself under its own weight. 

J

• Huskarl
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2019, 03:05:19 PM »
Fear is the mind-killer.
Live free or die.

Anarchon

• Muad'Dib
  • Administrator
  • Radningar
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2019, 05:30:46 AM »
It's folly not to fear the government.  Fear exists for a very good reason.

I think we all want to defend ourselves here, and live as freely is as possible.  But realize, if you kill yourself in the process, you've failed in those pursuits in the most egregious way possible.  There are intelligent ways to do things. Ignoring fear and yelling a catch phrase ain't it.

J

• Huskarl
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2019, 03:02:55 PM »
Been doing it for years quietly. Health is slowly failing. So, I don't mind putting myself out there is it helps others build their confidence. If that makes sense to you.