News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

The future of dissidence....

Started by Wyotana, April 11, 2019, 04:03:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wyotana

Has arrived. Look carefully.

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-04-11/snowden-assange-arrest-dark-moment-press-freedom-one-history-books

Nowhere on earth to hide. Nowhere left to run. No basis for compromise.

Quote“And how we burned in the camps later, thinking: What would things have been like if every Security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?
Or if, during periods of mass arrests, as for example in Leningrad, when they arrested a quarter of the entire city, people had not simply sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing left to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand?... The Organs would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers and transport and, notwithstanding all of Stalin's thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt! If...if...We didn't love freedom enough. And even more – we had no awareness of the real situation.... We purely and simply deserved everything that happened afterward.” --
Rebellion against modernity is obedience to God.

Anarchon

Who would have thought that the better place to remain free would be in the former USSR?  I'm surprised no attempt was made to sneak Julian out on a heli from the roof or something in the past 7 years.  In any case, it is sad.  My only positive hope is that the dead man's switch reveals some juicy stuff.

J

Meanwhile, those in the know watching this from so many interesting vantage points, whom are talking to each other through various networks...

Wyotana

Quote from: Anarchon on April 11, 2019, 07:05:45 PM
Who would have thought that the better place to remain free would be in the former USSR?  I'm surprised no attempt was made to sneak Julian out on a heli from the roof or something in the past 7 years.  In any case, it is sad.  My only positive hope is that the dead man's switch reveals some juicy stuff.

Let's hope. I think it may have been a mistake to hole up for the last seven years. Obviously, Aassange is an astute player, taste in women aside. I wondered all this time what would happen if he called their hand. Now I guess we may find out. But the intervening years left a lot of time for people with very substantial resources to apply pressure, compromise networks, and perform damage control and mitigation.

On the plus side, this could unleash a colossal goat-roping, hog wrestling, poop-flinging circus in DC. Could easily be two years of getting nothing done there. Which is almost always the most hopeful scenario.

Wyotana

Anarchon

Quote from: Wyotana on April 12, 2019, 08:18:19 PM
Orange Man speak with forked tongue.

https://news.yahoo.com/after-assange...173040685.html

Says the article doesn't exist anymore.  The shenanigans have already begun.

QuoteLet's hope. I think it may have been a mistake to hole up for the last seven years. Obviously, Aassange is an astute player, taste in women aside. I wondered all this time what would happen if he called their hand. Now I guess we may find out. But the intervening years left a lot of time for people with very substantial resources to apply pressure, compromise networks, and perform damage control and mitigation.

On the plus side, this could unleash a colossal goat-roping, hog wrestling, poop-flinging circus in DC. Could easily be two years of getting nothing done there. Which is almost always the most hopeful scenario.

all very astute thinking.

J

J

Wyotana

https://www.lewrockwell.com/2019/06/yvonne-lorenzo/courageous-chris-hedges/?fbclid=IwAR3ppP_Jee1oOfkrwKarOTM5TwnUX8i9qGSRstWuPCsmilYBXTD7aaQjNQE

Thank heaven Russia Today has provided Chris Hedges the program On Contact in which he frequently conducts in-depth interviews with important guests. Americans won't see such thought provoking and powerful interviews from the "Fake News" Legacy Media cable TV outlets.

His interview with Wikileaks' Kristinn Hrafnsson is excellent and he was one of the few journalists to cover Julian Assange's extradition hearing in court; certainly no one from CNN, MSNBC or Fox was there.

Below is the program in which he interviews Hrafnsson.

And this is the video on his remarks on Julian Assange's extradition entitled "Media Betrays Assange after Profiting from his Leaks."

Many opine, especially the American highly paid talking heads, that Russia Today is propaganda, and perhaps by simply stating the truth, Russia Today sheds light on the Oligarchy simply by publishing the facts and is an instrument in asymmetric Hybrid or Fourth Generation War. For Charles Burris recently blogged an excellent analysis on LewRockwell.com in which he noted about the "elites" who control the state:

In July of 2010, Angelo Codevilla's magnificent manifesto, "The Ruling Class: How They Corrupted America and What We Can Do About It" was published initially online in The American Spectator (and later in book form). It immediately went viral on the Internet and started a widespread national conversation about America's hubristic power elite and the arrogant way they reign over the rest of us.

When Codevilla's article appeared, I stated that it was the most important essay I had ever read. I still believe this because it is a superb synthesis of class analysis with keen insights on contemporary power elite relationships regarding today's rulers and the ruled.

This class division of present-day America into two factions, Court and Country, has absolutely nothing to do with any Marxian view or analysis. It is a reaffirmation of the seminal insights of Bernard Bailyn's Pulitzer Prize winning volume, The Ideological Origins of the American Revolution, and Murray N. Rothbard's Conceived in Liberty.

These books demonstrate that the Founders' world-view saw the crucial struggle of the Revolution as a battle of liberty versus power. Codevilla posits today's battle in the same dramatic terms.

Hedges warns us about the unbridled power of the Deep State, and its latest victim, Julian Assange; he recently wrote a powerful article on the website TruthDig.com, entitled, "The Coming Show Trial of Julian Assange." He described what Assange is enduring as a Greek Tragedy:

On Friday morning I was in a small courtroom at Westminster Magistrates' Court in London. Julian Assange, held in Belmarsh Prison and dressed in a pale-blue prison shirt, appeared on a video screen directly in front of me. Assange, his gray hair and beard neatly trimmed, slipped on heavy, dark-frame glasses at the start of the proceedings. He listened intently as Ben Brandon, the prosecutor, seated at a narrow wooden table, listed the crimes he allegedly had committed and called for his extradition to the United States to face charges that could result in a sentence of 175 years. The charges include the release of unredacted classified material that posed a "grave" threat to "human intelligence sources" and "the largest compromises of confidential information in the history of the United States." After the prosecutor's presentation, Assange's attorney, Mark Summers, seated at the same table, called the charges "an outrageous and full-frontal assault on journalistic rights."

Most of us who have followed the long persecution of Assange expected this moment, but it was nevertheless deeply unsettling, the opening of the final act in a Greek tragedy where the hero, cursed by fortuna, or fate, confronts the dark forces from which there is no escape. The publication of classified documents is not a crime in the United States, but if Assange is extradited and convicted it will become one. Assange is not an American citizen. WikiLeaks, which he founded and publishes, is not a U.S.-based publication. The message the U.S. government is sending is clear: No matter who or where you are, if you expose the inner workings of empire you will be hunted down, kidnapped and brought to the United States to be tried as a spy. The extradition and trial of Assange will mean the end of public investigations by the press into the crimes of the ruling elites. It will cement into place a frightening corporate tyranny. Publications such as The New York Times and The Guardian, which devoted pages to the WikiLeaks revelations and later amplified and legitimized Washington's carefully orchestrated character assassination of Assange, are no less panicked. This is the gravest assault on press freedom in my lifetime.

"This is the gravest assault on press freedom in my lifetime," Hedges states; of course it's a fact and sadly, too few Americans seem to care or understand. Chris Hedges, whether one agrees with his left-wing politics or not, is nevertheless an exceptional true journalist, not a Deep State stenographer, and I can't recommend these video interviews, along with the quoted piece for TruthDig.com, highly enough to the readers and supporters not only of LewRockwell.com but of liberty and peace, and also all who are concerned about the consequences of the out of control bully that is the American Deep State, recently discussed at LewRockwell.com by Doug Casey.

As Paul Craig Roberts has written, what does it tell us about America if the only outlet that provides a platform to Chris Hedges is not in America, neither The New York Times or the Washington Post, but Russia Today?

RT Link to On Contact Interview with Kristinn Hrafnsson

Bill

I am used by Homeland Security as an example of a non-violent dissenter in their training.
Gun control is mind control.

"Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back."?

[attributed to]Heraclitus

Heckle

Quote from: Bill on July 27, 2019, 05:12:42 PM
I am used by Homeland Security as  an example of anon-violent dissenter in their training.

That's a nice legacy.

What does Homeland Security advocate should be done to their example of non-violent dissenters?

Anarchon

Quote from: Heckle on August 07, 2019, 10:26:41 PM
Quote from: Bill on July 27, 2019, 05:12:42 PM
I am used by Homeland Security as  an example of anon-violent dissenter in their training.

That's a nice legacy.

What does Homeland Security advocate should be done to their example of non-violent dissenters?

Yep Bill, you should be proud of that.

As for what they think should be done, I imagine that changes with whatever HNIC sits in the chair.  If I had to guess, they watch them for popularity/influence.  If they surpass a certain point, I imagine the government's typical go-to step is discrediting them.  This will involve going through their entire record to scour for anything they can take in or out of context, and if that fails they'll just fabricate material.  I doubt they make people have accidents as their first salvo.  Another option is conversion.  They blackmail them into flipping for them for some reason.  Their choice might depend on a psychological workup of what has the highest chance of success.

Bill

I always wondered why Stefan became a statist.

One of the reasons they vacuum up all the data they do is they use meta-data and -tagging to create comprehensive electronic dossiers on every human being and can then ex post facto create narrative out of context to create damning documentation.
Gun control is mind control.

"Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back."?

[attributed to]Heraclitus

Anarchon

I think that's exactly right Bill.  The state's system of "just-us" has nothing to do with morality.  It has to do with if you piss them off or become a problem for them.  Yet, multitudes of sheep willingly embrace their "protection."  I don't get it...at least I no longer do.  It's important for me to remember that I used to be one of them.

I do look around and see everyone with their faces permanently stuck to their personal surveillance devices (cell phones) and think that this problem is worse today than it was yesterday.  It makes me wonder where things are going, and when things will break.

In any case, I'm thankful that I'm now outside looking in.