Author Topic: The independence you crave is freedom from cautious tyranny  (Read 1213 times)

MamaLiberty

• Radningar
  • StarLord
  • Self owner - self responsible
    • The Price of Liberty
    • Email
Re: The independence you crave is freedom from cautious tyranny
« Reply #45 on: July 16, 2017, 09:00:56 am »
Mama, we must be talking past each other.  All I was saying is that for "non-aggression" to have any meaning, at least among people, there have to be at least two there.  It's like "trade."  That's all.

Still not getting through here, it seems. Yes, a "trade" indicates two or more parties. Each individual involved, however, must have ALREADY come to numerous conclusions, convictions, decisions on what trade means to them. They must have this in place before they can engage in trade. And that has nothing to do with whether or not they agree on any of it to start with. The negotiations to make that trade may - or may not - resolve any differences. One or the other may be a thief, a murderer, or whatever.

Non- aggression, love, hate, trade, integrity, etc. are not THINGS. They are principles and values, subjective and individual. They exist first in the separate and isolated mind of the human beings involved. The expression of these may be internal or external, and very often both.
I will not knowingly initiate force. I am a self owner.

Let the record show that I did not consent to be governed. I did not consent to any constitution. I did not consent to any president. I did not consent to any law. I did not consent to the police. Nor any tax. Nor any prohibition of anything. Nor any regulation or licensing of any kind.

BlackOps

• Thrall
« Reply #46 on: July 16, 2017, 05:53:01 pm »
A word means whatever it references. In 'NAP' the word 'aggression' implies the presence of at least one other person against whom it is possible to aggress. IOW it references a social context, without which both it and 'NAP' are meaningless.
I wonder if we are talking about the same thing...

Apparently we're not. I was making a similar point to Pelletfarmer: 

Mama, we must be talking past each other.  All I was saying is that for "non-aggression" to have any meaning, at least among people, there have to be at least two there.  It's like "trade."  That's all.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2017, 11:44:35 pm by BlackOps »

MamaLiberty

• Radningar
  • StarLord
  • Self owner - self responsible
    • The Price of Liberty
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: July 17, 2017, 04:37:41 am »
Well folks, it's been an interesting discussion. All I know is that "non-aggressive" isn't just something I do - with or too other people. It's not a coat I pull on when dealing with other folks. Non-aggressive is something I AM. It is part of my core being and personality all the time, everywhere. Make of it what you will. :)
I will not knowingly initiate force. I am a self owner.

Let the record show that I did not consent to be governed. I did not consent to any constitution. I did not consent to any president. I did not consent to any law. I did not consent to the police. Nor any tax. Nor any prohibition of anything. Nor any regulation or licensing of any kind.